Chapter 3 - Faith: Visualizing and believing in the attainment of desire
- Faith is the second step to riches
- When faith is blended with the vibration of thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into its spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer.
- Love and faith are psychic; related to our spiritual side. Sex is purely biological, and related only to the physical. The mixing, or blending, of these three emotions has the effect of opening a direct line of communication between the finite, thinking mind and Infinite Intelligence.
How to develop faith
- Faith is a state of mind that may be induced, or created, by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of autosuggestion.
- The method by which one develops faith, where it does not already exist, is extremely difficult to describe. Faith is a state of mind that you may develop at will, after you have mastered the 13 steps to riches in this book.
- Making repeated affirmations to your subconscious mind is the only known method of developing the emotion of faith voluntarily.
- All thoughts which have been emotionalised (given feeling) and mixed with faith begin immediately to translate themselves into their physical equivalent or counterpart.
- yout belief or faith is the element that determines the action of your subconscious mind. To make this 'deceit' more realistic, conduct yourself just as you would if you were already in possession of the material thing which you are demanding when you call upon your subconscious mind.
- The mind comes, finally, to take on the nature of the influences that dominate it. Understand this truth and you will know why it is essential for you to encourage the positive emotions as dominating forces of your mind, and discourage - and eliminate- negative emotions.
- A mind dominated by positive emotions becomes a favourable abode for the state of mind known as faith.
Faith is a State of mind which may be induced by autosuggestion
- faith is the 'eternal elixir' which gives life, power, and action to the impulse of thought
- faith is the starting point of all accumulation of riches
- faith is the basis of all 'miracles' any mysteries that cannot be analysed by the rules of science
- faith is the only known antidote to failure
- faith is the element, the 'chemical' chich, when mixed with prayer, gives one direct communication with Infinite Intelligence
- faith is the elment that transforms the ordinary vibration of thought, created by the finite mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent
- faith is the only agency through which the cosmis force of Infinite Intelligence can be harnessed and used.
- Each of us is what we are because of the dominating thoughts we permit to occupy our minds.houghts which are mixed with any of the feelings or emotions constitute a 'magnetic' force which attracts, from the vibrations of the ether, other similar or related thoughts
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life. Therefore I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment, and I here and now promise to take such action
- I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 minutes daily upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person
- I know through the principle of autosuggestion that any desire I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object. Therefore I will devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of self-confidence
- I have clearly written down a description of my Definite Chief Aim in life. I will never stop trying until I have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice. Therefore I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people.I will induce others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy,jealousy, selfishness and cynicism by developing love for all humanity because I know that a negative attitude towards others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. I will sign my name to this formula commit it to memory and repeat it aloud once a day, with full faith that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become a self-reliant and successful person
- all impulses of thought have a tendency to clothe themselves in their physical equivalent
- The subconscious mind (the chemical laboratory in which all thought impulses are combined and made ready for translation into physical reality) makes no distinction between constructive and destructive thought impulses.
- The subconscious mind will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage or faith.
- It is a known fact that the emotion of love is closely akin to the state of mind known as faith
- During his research, the author discovered, from the analysis of the work and achievements of hundreds of men of outstanding accomplishment, that there was the influence of a woman's love behind nearly every one of them
A pretty after-dinner speech for a billion dollars
- There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknoledge.
- Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.