Chapter 4 - Auto-suggestion: The medium for influencing the subsonscious mind
- Autosuggestion is a term that applies to all suggestions and all self administered stimuli that reach one's mind through the five senses
- It is the agency of communication between that part of the mind where conscious thought takes place and that which serves as the seat of action for the subconscious mind
- No thought, whether it is negative or positive, can enter the subconscious mind without the aid of the principles of autosuggestion, with the exception of thoughts picked up from the ehter
- All sense impressions which are perceived through the five senses are stopped by the conscious thinking mind, and may be either passed on to the subconscious mind or rejected at will
- Nature has so built us that we have absolute control over the material which reaches out subconscious mind through our five senses
- When reading aloud the statement of your desire, that the mere reading of the words is of no consequence uness you mix emotion, or feeling, with your words. Your subconscious mind recognises and acts only upon thoughts that have been well mixed with amotion or feeling
- Your ability to use the principle of autosuggestion will depend, very largrely, upon your capacity to concentrate upon a given desire until that desire becomes a burning obsession
- Here is a most significant fact - the subconscious mind takes any orders given it in a spirit of absolute faith and acts upon those orders, although the orders often have to be presented over and over again, through repetition, before they are interpreted by the subconscious mind.
- Begin at once to see yourself in possession of the money, demanding and expecting meanwhile that your subconscious mind will hand over the plan, or plans, you need
- These plans may 'flash' into your mind through the sixth sense. This inspiration may be considered a direct message from Infinite Intelligence
- Do not trust to your 'reason' when creating your plan. Your reason is faulty. Moreover, your reasoning faculty may be lazy, and if you depend entirely upon it to serve you, it may disappoint you
- When visualising, the money you intend to accumulate, see yourself rendering the service, or deliverying the mechandise you indend to give in return for this money
Summary of Instructions
- Go into some quiet spot where you will not be disturbed or interrupted. Close your eyes and repeat aloud the written statement of the amount of money you intend to accumulate, the time limit for its accumulation, and a description of the service or merchandise you intend to give in return for the money. As you carry out these instructions, see yourself already in possession of the money.
- Repeat this proramme night and morning until you can see (in your imagination) the money you intend to accumulate
- Plase a written copy of your statement where you can see it night and morning. Read it just before retiring and upon rising until it had been memorized.
- People may gain control of themselves and their environment because they have the power to influence their own subconscious minds, and through it gain the cooperation of Infinite Intelligence
- The instructions contained in this chapter must be understood and applied with persistence if you are to succeed in transmuting desire into money
- After completing the book, read through this entirechapter aloud once every night, until you become thoroughly convinced that the principle of autosuggestion is sound, that is will accomplish for you all that has been claimed for it. As you read, underscore with a pencil every sentence that impresses you favourably.